Thursday, May 31, 2012

Birchbox May 2012!

So it FINALLY came ... YAY! It's my first box and I'm so excited to open it.... wait, what? Really?

Ok.. I understand that for $10, I did get more than my money paid, but I guess after reading all these other blogs I just had my hopes up or the bar too high. It was a GossipGirl themed box so I think that's why there were post cards and notes? I like the lip balm and yes the hair tie is cute.. but for ten dollars... I could have bought a whole lot of softlips or carmex and a huge pack of hair ties.

I've been looking at forums and blogs ...some people got Dior mascara.. people got Stila products... Benefit... and I'm a little disappointed that for my first ever box it wasn't even special. I'm hoping for a better box next month and we'll see how it goes... I don't want to cancel but I don't want to get products I can't use or never be one of the lucky ones who gets awesome stuff. I'll give a month or two more to see if it gets better. *fingers crossed*

What I got:





Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ 
To be honest... I didn't like this. Everyone was wanting it, but it was cakey and smelled kind of bad... and was entirely too light for me. I gave mine away.

fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
I do like this, but I probably won't end up purchasing it. I mean, it works great, very moisturizing.. but I can't spend $22.50 on chapstick.

Color Club® Foil Collection
I got the Disco shade (gold) and it's cute.. but I probably won't wear it until winter or fall. For some reason I just think golds and shimmery nails look better in the fall.

Twistband Hair Tie 6-pack
You get one in your box, I got the orange one. It's cute.. but again.. I cannot spend $10 on just 6 hair ties.

Birchbox Notecards
I got a pink notecard. Haven't used it. Maybe for a birthday note one day? I don't know.

Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Petite Cologne Absolue
This came inside some postcards... and I didn't even know it was there until a week later. It smells good though but the sample size didn't last but for 2 days. But samples are like that ;)

So all in all.... The value of the box was more than $10, definitely, but... I wish I had gotten mascara instead of bb cream. Better luck next time I hope! I was a little disappointed but okay with it overall. Like I said, I'm going to give some time and see how the boxes go since I think they are kind of random. We'll see what I get next month!

Want to try Birchbox? Go check it out!
https://www.birchbox.com?raf=hz7hw

No comments:

Post a Comment